Creating Kind and Compassionate Kids: Classroom Activities to Enhance Self-Awareness, Empathy, and Personal Growth in Grades 3-6
Creating Kind and Compassionate Kids offers lessons and activities that promote problem solving and social-emotional learning, allowing students in grades 3-6 to become more aware of themselves and others who share their world.
- Addresses both cognitive and affective skills, enhancing students' appreciation of themselves and others
- Encourages students to think creatively and critically
- Teaches vital affective skills, such as empathy, tolerance, compassion, communication, and leadership
- Includes one or more samples of student work to guide students' responses
- Has been tested by teachers in multiple classrooms with students of all ability levels.
With its focus on relevant, lasting learning experiences that encourage social and emotional growth, Creating Kind and Compassionate Kids is a resource that teachers will turn to again and again.